PDA

View Full Version : Treefrogs In Love

Andrew McLachlan
02-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Caught these two Gray Treefrogs in the act....amplexus that is.... last spring, in a small vernal pond near Parry Sound, Ontario. Cloned out lots of distracting elements and flashed highlights and then applied fractalius.

Look forward to comments.

Indranil Sircar
02-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Another awesome fract, Andrew. I like the overall composition with the space of the right. Great colors and those fract lines really stand out. Excellent work!

denise ippolito
02-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Really nice shot Andrew! Great behavior captured. Love the way they are looking at you. I might take a slice off the right to eliminate the white twig area and to off center them just a bit if it were mine. Great Fracting as always!

Nancy Bell
02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Your fracted frogs move them up from plain critters to stunning ones! I would love to see what you could do with those colorful poison-dart frogs of the tropics.

Andrew McLachlan
02-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks Denise, Nancy and Indranil much appreciated.

Denise, good suggestion on the crop...completely missed that grass stem...oops!

Nancy, much thanks...I am hoping to go to the Toronto Zoo soon to try to get some images of the various frogs there including the Poison-dart frogs...If I do..I will.

Paul Lagasi
02-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Nice work, I've never seen these critters, this spring I may have to change that. Nice effects and resulting image. Good suggestions above

Mark Fuge
02-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Nice image and application, Andrew.

Nice fract work.