PDA

View Full Version : post editting glitch(s)?

Tom Graham
02-21-2012, 09:21 PM
It is no real big deal, but I'm having text editing weirdies. Like now, I do not see my text cursor. And I can not go back into the text I've put up to make changes. The invisible cursor goes only one way - add more text. HOWEVER, now that I have just gone into "Preview Post" I do now see the text cursor and the cursor will move back into previous text for editing. Just one of a couple such text editing glitches I think came for me along with the black background (I think ?). I'm using browser Firefox 3.6 and do not have these text editing problems at other web forums. Nothing I can't live with but rather not. Tom

Chris Ober
02-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Can you try a different browser or version? Try a different style? Have you tried clearing temp Internet cache?

Tom Graham
02-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Seems as if clearing Firefox cache fixed it. Thanks.
Tom

Roger Clark
02-22-2012, 05:45 PM
I've seen these issues too (latest firefox on linux). Switching to something like advanced seesm to clear it up.

Roger

Tom Graham
02-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Roger - yes switching to Go Advanced got around the problem. But now as I type I see the cursor and it behaves like a good little cursor :S3:
Clearing Firefox cache (Firefox 3.6, Tools - Options- Advanced- Offline Storage-Clear Now) seems to have fixed it - for now.
Tom

Tom Graham
02-23-2012, 04:18 PM
FWIW, happened again today, around 24 hours later after clearing Firefox cache (which fixed it). Just now, in composing a reply to an image the text cursor was not seen. I went into Firfoxe cache and cleared it. Text cursor came back.
Tom
PS - so I write this then go back to forum to reply to another post and guess what - cursor not there. Oh well, get around to it someday.

wait - another ps - so I went back to reply and cursor not there. Happened to notice that I had about 8 screens of Firefox open and minimized. So I closed 4 of the open Firefox and cursor came back.