PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Lamb

Anita Bower
02-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Another of John's animals. I love how the lambs get down on their knees to nurse. The serene look on the ewe's face shows how I felt when I was nursing my baby. :-)

This is a rather large crop. When I appeared, the sheep decided to move away! I wish the head of the ewe were sharper. 200mm, 1/200, f6.3, ISO 200.
PP: Lots! Including Topaz Adjust 5, Color Effex Pro, and textures by Shadowhouse Creations.

Always appreciate constructive critique!

denise ippolito
02-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Anita, I like the monochromatic feel to this and the texture was a great choice. I think you captured the tender moment perfectly. I too wish the face of the ewe were a little sharper but it is still a nice image.

Anita Bower
02-21-2012, 08:07 AM
Anita, I like the monochromatic feel to this and the texture was a great choice. I think you captured the tender moment perfectly. I too wish the face of the ewe were a little sharper but it is still a nice image.
Thanks. I'm wondering if it would work better for the rest of the ewe and lamb to be softer, to better match the ewe's face.

denise ippolito
02-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Anita, If you have Nik Color Efex , I might try to add some Tonal Contrast to the ewe's face instead of softening down the rest of the image.
I added it to the repost so see if you like it. If you like it and don't have the filter program you can download a free 30 day trial.

Anita Bower
02-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Anita, If you have Nik Color Efex , I might try to add some Tonal Contrast to the ewe's face instead of softening down the rest of the image.
I added it to the repost so see if you like it. If you like it and don't have the filter program you can download a free 30 day trial.
Perfect! thank you!! I do have CEP and like the results. Thanks so much for suggesting it!

Andrew McLachlan
02-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Nicely done Anita. I like the treatment and Denise's tonal contrast repost improves on the soft face.

Christopher Miller
02-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Very sweet moment that you captured here, Anita. I like the texture work. Personally, I'm not a fan of the contrasty look to the sheep; I think I would prefer a softer, less-contrasty look. But that's just my opinion.

Maureen Allen
02-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Lovely, tender image Anita. I like Denise's repost, but wonder what it would look like if you softened both the ewe and the lamb. The contrast doesn't seem to match the moment.

Anita Bower
02-22-2012, 06:55 AM
I appreciate the comments. After my trip (I'm going to visit my sister), I will do a softer version to see which I prefer. :-)

Indranil Sircar
02-22-2012, 08:01 PM
This is very nice, Anita. I like the approach and Denise's repost takes it further... beautiful work!

Paul Lagasi
02-24-2012, 02:24 PM
As they used to say a "Kodak Moment" for sure, nice effects and composition, like the framing...well done