PDA

View Full Version : Lone tree

Angelika Schauf
02-20-2012, 01:24 PM
This picture is from 2008, as I with the photograph started, with a EOS 400D.

EF35, 1/200 sec, f/6.3, Nik Color Efex Pro

Sandy McMillan
02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Love this image! Colors are great. The only thing I might do is clone out the roof of building on the left and the tele poles and wires on right. A great feeling of space. Love it1

Roman Kurywczak
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
I like the simplicity of the image.....but I do wish this was a lone tree. I wouldn't even mind the building then either. When I first looked at this....it almost looked like ghosting.....that is why the second tree bothers me a bit.

Angelika Schauf
02-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Roman, then I chose probably the wrong title.:e3

Morkel Erasmus
02-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Lovely simplicity and colours here. I agree that having the 2nd tree "clutters" it up a bit...:t3
I might have liked a sliver more space at the bottom, and obviously without the piece of building sticking out on the LHS (is it a church steeple?).

Grady Weed
02-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Funny, I don't mind either the lone building or the second ghost tree. Like it as is. Go figure.

Robert Amoruso
02-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Angelika,

I really like the look to this image, the tones and colors. An interesting assortment of comments. My take:

I like the two trees, the ghosting as Roman mentioned. However I think I would have also done multiple alternatives to this theme - line up the trunks so BG is obscured by FG as well as more offset from that shown here.
I like the building on left by would remove poles/wires on right.
I bit more room at the bottom would have been nice as the base of the trees feels truncated.

A nice effort and I like a lot. Thanks for posting and looking forward to more.

jack williamson
02-23-2012, 11:34 AM
A different angle to line up the trunks to make it look like one tree would improve this, a little more space at the bottom, and either more of the building or none. The sky is wonderful.

Jack

Jay Gould
02-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Even looks good on my iPad. If mine, I would eliminate EVERYTHING except for the tree so that it the vast open space was amplified. If I were at my computer I would probably give it a play!

Roger Clark
02-23-2012, 03:40 PM
I agree, very nice image and wonderful light including the phase angle. Title: Pair of Lonely trees, or Embracing Trees (maybe need a different angle to show that better).

The building detracts in my opinion.

Roger

Andrew McLachlan
02-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Hi Angelika, I like this image...the two trees look rather interesting like this, but also agree with Robert that lining up the trunks might have been an alternate way to compose the 'lone tree' look. Agree on evicting the building and the power lines.

Robert Amoruso
02-26-2012, 10:37 PM
I wanted to come back to this one and the building as I was not sure I liked having it but on my first round recommended it staying. I feel it needs to go.

Angelika Schauf
02-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Thank you for your tips.
I have edited the image again and removed the house and the electricity pylons.
I think it looks really better.

Jay Gould
02-27-2012, 09:58 AM
I like it!

on iPad, ground line not level; artifacts on ground level to right of tree all the way to corner. I think the ground line on both sides of tree to the ends should be clean.

Well done.

Andrew Aveley
03-01-2012, 03:57 PM
great image with loads of interesting suggestions here. Nice processing