PDA

View Full Version : Two Sisiters

ramesh anantharaman
02-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Canon EOS IDMIV, 300mm f/2.8

f/16, 1/200, ISO 1600, 300mm handheld Fullframe.

Morkel Erasmus
02-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Fabulous sighting here Ramesh. I am just wondering about your processing. Either you did a bit "too much" in recovering shadow detail or you processed it as an HDR as it has that "tonemapped" look (albeit slightly). Interested to hear how you processed this, lest I offend you?? :e3

Tom Graham
02-20-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure what Morkel is seeing. Agree that image could (but not necessarily) be brightened or contrasted a bit, but looks like flat cloudy lighting to me anyway.
Otherwise, great pose of the two and look into camera.
Tom

Hilary Hann
02-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Very nice Ramesh, I like the posing very much. I'm guessing the one on the left is the same one that Harshad posted the close up of? Beautiful tiger. Colouring is quite different between the females which is interesting.

Rachel Hollander
02-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Great pose, Ramesh and the comp works well. I think I see what Morkel is talking about in the grays and whites in places.

TFS,
Rachel

Ken Watkins
02-21-2012, 01:38 AM
Ramesh,

Nice poses in this one, like Tom I am not sure what Morkel is saying.
I am no fan of roads, but obviously no option here, but I would like to see the tyre tracks a little less obvious, a boost in contrast seems to work for me.

Using linear contrast and patch/clone on tyre tracks.

Morkel Erasmus
02-21-2012, 01:48 AM
It's hard to explain to anyone who hasn't looked at many automated HDR images like I did when I first started photography and had a strange taste for it. :e3
The algorithms that extract detail and tonal contrast in software packages like Photomatix or even Adobe's HDR plug-in for Photoshop create a distinct look in the fine image detail. Like I said - "slightly" - so it's not over-the-top IMHO, was just wondering if there was anything like that applied and if not, how that look was achieved then. :Whoa!:

Brendon Cremer
02-21-2012, 06:49 AM
A great image, lovely eye contact, great detail, however i do agree with Morkel, maybe a touch more black to be added *** it has the feeling a little too much recovery in the shadows. I took the liberty of doing a RP, i hope you dont mind. I added 8% blacks in selective colour and then a little linear contrast in curves, WDYT.

ramesh anantharaman
02-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Hello All,

Thanks for your Observations. I tried something new on the PP And this was to use something called nik software output sharpener filter pugin. I think it back fired. this is no HDR and this is what i got. I was stuck up in a few things and could not reply immediately. The PP i did on this one is I added a little over all warmth using nik software colour efex pro and then some linear contrast (curves) and lasty but not the least USM. Do let me know if this works.

warm regards

Ramesh109097

Ken Watkins
02-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Ramesh,
I have never found Nik Sharpener to be that convincing and much prefer Smart Sharpen in PS. Personally I prefer Brendon's post wth added black which has the effect of giving more contrast.

Morkel Erasmus
02-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Your last repost sure has a much more natural look to the fine fur detail to my eyes, Ramesh...:c3:
Now I think all you need to do is take THAT repost and add the blacks as per Brendon's repost. I love Nik's plugins but prefer to sharpen images myself. Have you had a look at the freely downloadable sharpening action I posted at the top of the wildlife forum?? Works a charm especially on images like this where the BG is very busy and it's a mission to select the animals properly for selective work. :Whoa!:

Sid Garige
02-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Agree with Morkel. Last post is closer to natural tones.
KIller comp and great eye contact Ramesh. Like ti.

Harshad Barve
02-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Killer pose with great eye contact , excellent capture thrashed in PP by everyone :(
TFS

Shreyas Mantri
02-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Beautiful, beautiful capture, Ramesh. Love the original post!