PDA

View Full Version : Yellow-breasted Boatbill (Machaerirhynchus flaviventer) Jourama Falls Queensland

Rod Warnock
02-20-2012, 06:38 AM
Yellow-breasted Boatbill (Machaerirhynchus flaviventer) Jourama Falls Queensland
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM 5.6 ISO400 F7.1 1/500 flash 19 August 2011 9.18am
On the trip to the Wet Tropics in Far North Queensland I encountered Yellow-breasted Boatbills at Paluma and Jourama Falls. Here I got only two images the above image and a rough image as it took off almost vertically. This species is found in moist sub-tropical or tropical lowland forests not only in Australia but also extends to Indonesia and Papua- New Guinea.
Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Ofer Levy
02-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Lovely image of this beauty taken in difficult low light!!

Joe Senzatimore
02-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Difficult conditions to shoot under. I would not have passed this beautiful species up either. The subject is sharp and the colors are stunning. A great record shot. Not the best artistic shot , due to the conditions. You did well with what you had to work with. Two big problem areas are the bright yellow leaf in the LRC and the bright stick running vertical through the birds head. Perhaps worth working on to eliminate these 2 distractions would be worth the effort. Either way , it's still a very nice image , all things considered.:5

Doug Brown
02-20-2012, 01:31 PM
The bird is sharp and well exposed. Love the raised tail feathers. But I'm going to agree with Joe about this being a solid record shot due to the busy FG and BG and the fact that the bird is angled away from the viewer.