PDA

View Full Version : White Throated Sparrow

Ronald Zigler
02-19-2012, 04:49 PM
109025Canon 60D, 300mm f4 + 1.4x, HH @ 1/500, f5.6, ISO 800. I noticed the tail is not particularly sharp. I suppose there is really no easy solution to getting great depth of field when you are close to a bird unless you have extraordinary lighting.

Kerry Perkins
02-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Hi Ronald, your presentation is nice here; lots to like. What detracts from the image is the sun angle, which is off to the left in this image so the whole right side is in shadow. Had this cute sparrow been looking directly at you, its face would have been lit by the sun, but since it is looking away there is a shadow on the face and of course the eye. I like the composition with the diagonal perch, and the bg is nice. Did you use noise reduction on the background?

Cathy McEntee
02-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi Ronald - I like the pose and composition--the different perspective makes it interesting. Very nice.

Ronald Zigler
02-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks Cathy. Kerry, this is one photo of mine that has had very little editing on the background. I believe I used the healing brush to smooth out a few lines, but other than that, the background might be the most successful part of the image.

Ravi Hirekatur
02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi Ronald,
I like the colors, pose and the composition. The body also seems a little soft. Agree with Kerry on the light angle. Overall, a nice feeling of the image.