PDA

View Full Version : Strawflower

denise ippolito
02-18-2012, 08:35 AM
This Strawflower image was captured at Selby Gardens in Sarasota. I added a texture overlay to the original image. I used an f/3.2 while handholding. I was trying to show how a shallow depth of field would help blur the background to a client. It turned out I liked this one.:S3: I did consider removing the small lighter leaf but felt that it added a little bit of "imperfection" to the image that I like.

Indranil Sircar
02-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Wonderful composition, Denise. I love it! this is now my new favorite of yours! Love the focus on the front petals and oof bg. Beautiful soft light and colors with that texture. I can see this as wall hanging! Excellent processing!

Paul Lagasi
02-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Very nice composition and effects, I am going to be different :c3: and say remove the white spot on the stem just below the flower, everything else in the image points up and it points down.
I agree that this is a wall hanger. Love it

John Ippolito
02-18-2012, 02:15 PM
A lovely, lovely creation, Denise! The soft colors, selective focus, and the look of brush strokes in the OOF background take this over the top for me. I looked at the "imperfection", and for me, the image is richer with it than without. A bit of "randomness" in a creation is sometimes all the more appealing, for it imparts an air of artistic frenzy, when things just flow. Brilliant work!!! :S3:

Nancy Bell
02-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Another classic "Denise". A beautiful soft focus flower with a gorgeous bkgd! I would reduce the whiteness of that lower leaf just a bit.

denise ippolito
02-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind comments and suggestions.

Anita Bower
02-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Lovely shallow dof and gorgeous texture bring out the best in this flower. Unsure about the light leaf--could go either way. Love the strong colors!

Andrew McLachlan
02-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi Denise, just a tad late getting to this one, but I love the colors and the processing. I like how the stem and leaves are just barely visible too. Beautiful work!:S3:

Christopher Miller
02-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, Denise!! I love the colors, softness, and the painted look to the BG. I like the small light leaf, but I might tone down the largest leaf below it. Very nicely done! :S3:

Mitch Carucci
02-23-2012, 04:48 PM
This image pulls the eye in towards the Strawflower (a nice tunnel effect to my eye) The green softness is just right to balance the brightness of the flower. A captivating image.

denise ippolito
02-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.