PDA

View Full Version : Artic tern preening II

Clemens Vanderwerf
02-17-2012, 07:25 PM
This image was created in the morning at 10:48am at Blind Pass, Sanibel Island, Florida during the SW Florida IPT of Arthur Morris. This artic tern is the same bird as in the post of Gail Bisson, we were actually sitting next to each other when we took the pictures. I thought I share my version of the preening tern and show a different perspective (slightly lower angle and more lens). I did clean up the beach in order to put the emphasis on the subject. The little sand hill on the right side could go in my opinion.

This image was created with the Canon 800mm f/5.6L IS lens at 800mm, and the EOS-1DMIV. ISO 400. Evaluative metering: 1/2000 sec. at f/5.6 set manually.

All comments are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Sidharth Kodikal
02-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Fantastic pose, comp and low angle, Clemens. Superb details and the polka dotted shell adds a nice touch. Terrific image.

gail bisson
02-17-2012, 08:36 PM
What is there not to like! I love the ultra low angle ( lesson to me to get lower) and the IQ is excellent. He is preening a different feather than my shot. I missed that one, Clemens! I love the orange in the shell that matches the legs and beak. The BG is really nice and smooth. Another keeper from you and I like your composition,
Gail

Grace Scalzo
02-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi Clemens, I love the pose, the composition, your low angle. Fine details, right down to his tongue.

Tom Rambaut
02-18-2012, 01:30 AM
I like the pose and low angle. Not fussed about the sand hill and I do like the little shell very much. I like how the transition line between the sand and water/sky is well below the head.

Robert Holguin
02-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Wonderful pic. Love the low angle, excellent pose, feather detail is just great, and I really like the colorful shell.
Well done.

EzhilSuresh
02-18-2012, 04:28 AM
Clemens, beautiful low angle shot.