PDA

View Full Version : Double-header....

Arthur Morris
02-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Canon 800mm f/5.6L IS lens with the 1.4X III TC and the EOS-1D Mark IV. ISO 50. Evaluative metering +1/3 stop: 1/6 sec. at f/9 in Manual mode.

Not sure how the bird got two heads and three legs. Most of the blur in the field but added some radial blur in CS-5. Foliage filter from NIK Color Efex plus some Viveza. All influenced by Lady D.

Want all here to know that there is an anything goes Digital Category in our Bird Photography Competition. With tons of great prizes. See the sticky at the top of Avian or click here (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/95331).

As for the image, don't be shy; all honest comments appreciated.

Paul Lagasi
02-17-2012, 06:55 PM
This is a lovely courtship display image, watching these birds spread/shake their feathers and move their heads back and forth is cool (assuming thats what it is)...you've captured the moment nicely with this blur and still have enough detail left. Interesting work
It would be interesting to try and clone out one of the heads and see the result. Would be tough to get it right

Andrew McLachlan
02-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi Arthur, WOW! this one is awesome. Perfect amount of radial blur to compliment the in-camera blur. Beautifully done!

Arthur Morris
02-18-2012, 04:39 AM
Thanks both. I like the two heads. I have lots with only one head :).

denise ippolito
02-18-2012, 07:30 AM
I like the subject and the degree of blur. I especially like the softness of the lower portion. Would love to see the original.

Arthur Morris
02-18-2012, 08:15 AM
I like the subject and the degree of blur. I especially like the softness of the lower portion. Would love to see the original.

Your wish.... Converted it and pulled the curve up.

denise ippolito
02-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Sweet!

Indranil Sircar
02-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Artie, this is an awesome blur and I love it... great form and display and having the double head is a plus. Wonderful use of radial blur. Have a great trip!

John Ippolito
02-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Artie, the thumbnail on this one caught my attention right away with its bold impressionistic appearance. The full size image doesn't disappoint. It is a lovely, soft, yet bold composition. Very easy on the eye. :S3:

Arthur Morris
02-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks all. Indranil, it is very cold and windy here in Tokyo. I found out that I could have come a day later at least :).