PDA

View Full Version : Little Blue Heron

Helen Hauver
01-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Again at Ding Darling, Sanibel - this little blue heron was on the search for crabs - wasn't aware or didn't care that I was there. Total concentration on this act of searching for food.

Date/Time: 2007:11:30 14:12:06
Shutter speed: 1/1250 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Av
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 200
Focal length: 400mm
Image size: 411 x 487
Rotation: noneColor profile: Adobe RGB (1998)

Alfred Forns
01-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi Helen Got some suggestions for this one !!!!

Try resizing images to the max size so we can see them better and will suffer less compression There is a tutorial in digital workflow

This image is difficult because of the bg It is very close to the bird and will compete Would rather get low and have the bg far away It will isolate the bird

While waiting to make the image Look for the perfect heat position Here the head is tilted Also pick your point of focus which should be the eye

For framing you want the bird to have some space to look into Move it back into the frame !!! Keep at it and you will improve !!!

Helen Hauver
01-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the input - I am having problems with the image resizing. In Photoshop CS, I resize to around 750 pixels - then the image size goes way up - I crop and then I gradually by cropping a lot get the kilobytes to be within the range. If I check the image in Breezebrowser, the numbers are entirely different. The reason the heron is so cropped is that I didn't know any other way to get him the right size for entry. There has to be an easier way than what I am doing. Please help. Thanks.

Fabs Forns
01-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the input - I am having problems with the image resizing. In Photoshop CS, I resize to around 750 pixels - then the image size goes way up - I crop and then I gradually by cropping a lot get the kilobytes to be within the range. If I check the image in Breezebrowser, the numbers are entirely different. The reason the heron is so cropped is that I didn't know any other way to get him the right size for entry. There has to be an easier way than what I am doing. Please help. Thanks.

Helen, please check out my tutorial in Digital Workflow. and if it doesn't work, don't hesitate to PM me :}

We are here to help!!