PDA

View Full Version : Großvendiger (3667m)

Angelika Schauf
02-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Hello,

My name is Angelika and I have just signed new here. My English is not the best.
As an initial screen, I wish you a goat picture of the Großvendiger (3667m)

It is the fourth highest mountain in Austria.

5DMII, EF100 IS, 1/500sec, f/10, ISO 200

Sandy McMillan
02-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Beautiful mountains. I would love to see this at sunset or sunrise. Well done.

Dave Mills
02-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi Angelika,your English seems fine to me...Your image has nice detail and is sharp throughout. If this were mine I would crop out about half the sky since it's taking away from the mountains dominance and(or clone out) the very small rock on the left. While the light is not harsh I would agree with Sandy that a warmer light would add to the images impact...

Robert Amoruso
02-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Hello Angelika, welcome to BPN.

Good first post here in this forum. I will offer an alternate view of you image.

1) Though the light is strong, you have good detail in the shadows. They are not too dark. That is good. Also the directional light creating those shadows are depth to the image.
2) I recommend local contrast enhancement (USM on a background copy - see this thread http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/20434-Image-Contrast-and-Tonal-Range-Tweaks-Part-1-by-Robert-Amoruso). This will enhance the details in the rocks.
3) The sky. Normally I would suggest a crop and as Dave states it does strengthen the mountain's dominance. But one thing I always love about these high-altitude images and the transition of blue from light to dark in the sky like you have here. For that reason, I suggest this image works well as posted.

Morkel Erasmus
02-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi Angelica, welcome here! Looking forward to more images from your part of the world. :5
You received some good advice above. I would also like to see this experimented with in B&W, should make for some nice textures/contrast!

Angelika Schauf
02-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Thank you all!

The image in SW with more sky, I know not so right.