PDA

View Full Version : Spring Has Sprung!

Bob Malbon
04-10-2008, 07:16 PM
While searching for early season arrivals (Birds) found this in bloom. 1dm3, 500f4 (my macro lens) at f5.6 - 1/400, iso200, EC -1/3 - TV, AF, One Shot - 20% crop. Bob

http://maine-wild.smugmug.com/photos/277731792_xvCsr-O.jpg

Gus Cobos
04-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Love everything about this capture Bob,
Very nice composition details and color. The background blends in giving your subject a touch of class...:)

John Cooper
04-11-2008, 12:08 AM
The back-lighting here suits the fluffy nature of the seed-heads Bob and is further enhanced by the dark BG. Good diagonal composition. Nice bonus while hunting for early season arrivals!! :)

Ed Vatza
04-11-2008, 03:49 AM
First let me apologize for inadvertently almost stealing your Spring title. I guess I should have paid closer attention to the post immediately preceding mine. :)

Bob, I really love the elegant simplicity of this image. And the lighting seems perfect for subject matter... just highlighting the "fuzzy" nature of the ***** (Oh my God, I've been censored from identifying the kind of willow! :o:D) willows. When I looked at the thumbnail, I wasn't sure about the dark background but once I saw the larger image, it works very nicely for me. Thanks for sharing.

Mike Moats
04-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Hey Bob, I've been trying to find this subject in my area to shoot but haven't been successful yet. You did a very nice job on this shot. Like the lighting. I would crop a little on the sides.