PDA

View Full Version : on golden ponds wagtail

christopher galeski
02-14-2012, 07:18 AM
took this the other week,first chance of some decent weather,for quite some time,1/1600s,f5.6,iso640,tripod,crop,400mm lens,comments good or bad.thanks.

Dan Brown
02-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Beautiful light, Chris! I like this as posted. I see you have cropped to produce this, so I assume that you have canvas to the left and right? If so, I can see a fine rendition with more room on the left for more of that sweet bg! Great capture!

Kaustubh Deshpande
02-14-2012, 12:07 PM
such a beautiful shot Chris. stunning water. great timing to nail the sharp eye in the reflection...not easy. thats the best part here IMO. also liked in the central placement here. you positioned yourself perfectly to get the bright band behind the bird. Well done.

Stan Cunningham
02-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Color and capture are super. On my monitor it looks like some of the feather detail may have been lost during NR, kind of blend together. But ignore if other's don't notice it.

christopher galeski
02-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Thankyou everybody for your comments,Stan,I know what you are saying,but I have a few shots that look like I have used too much noise software,and thats before I have used any ,I think it may be the birds feathering,at certain distance,I have found this in some owls.thanks again.

jack williamson
02-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Awesome color in this image. Looks like he is admiring himself in the reflection, he looks like he is smiling. The eye being sharp in the water is special.

Jack