PDA

View Full Version : Zuri (C)

dankearl
02-14-2012, 01:40 AM
A new addition to the Portland Oregon Zoo where my wife is a volunteer Rhino Keeper.
Although I don't get to photograph wild African Rhinos, I do get to go "backstage" to see them
really up close and personal.
Zuri will hopefully co-operate with Pete, My Wife's longtime (20 years) captive Black Rhino friend and
produce a progeny in the next few years.
I posted a photo of Pete a while back.
She is only 4 years old, but looks like an old soul!
1/2500
f5
iso400
70-200vrii lens
Nikon D7000

DSC_7608nx2.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=108783&stc=1&d=1329201458)

Marc Mol
02-14-2012, 03:30 AM
Love the colour and texture in the skin with fine detail, BG is a little busy. Here's hoping for good news soon.:w3
TFS

Rachel Hollander
02-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Dan - nice detail and texture. Looks like a slight halo below the head and chest. I too hope it is a successful breeding program.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
02-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi Dan, like the HA and overall colour.

I agree with Rachel, there is a halo probably from sharpening, however the ear, back of the neck and neck look a lot sharper, so I wonder if the FP was higher up, rather than on the eye? A slight adjustment in one area I think really will give this more depth & punch, but before I suggest it, lets see what others say. Even a square crop works nicely too, taking the full height as presented.

Fingers crossed for the happy day, please keep us up to speed on developments. :5

TFS
Steve