PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Dwarf Green Tree Frog (Litoria fallax) Hunter Wetlands NSW Australia

Rod Warnock
02-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Eastern Dwarf Green Tree Frog (Litoria fallax) Hunter Wetlands NSW Australia
Canon EOS 7D Lens 400mm L USM with 12+20+36mm Tubes stacked ISO400 F8.0 1/800 flash 10 February 2012 9.10am
This tree frog is very small 25-30mm long so don't think along the lines of our larger tree frogs such as Green Tree Frog (Litoria caerulea) or Dunny Frog at 100mm or the White-lipped Tree Frog (Litoria infrafrenata) known also as the Giant Tree Frog can be 130mm found in Australia and also SE Asia. The latter species is the largest of tree frogs.

Thanks for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Roman Kurywczak
02-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey Rod,
Flash gave you a bit of a hot spot.....so just tone that down or in the field....diffuse the flash even more. I am a bit bothered by the triangular area near the brown bent grass.....looks a bit out of place and perhpas a bit of toning down will also help that. Given your settings....I would lower the SS a few stops....say 1/400 to allow more ambient light and better balnce the scene. If the subject was very ccoperative....working the SS is the way to go in this instance.

bhavya joshi
02-15-2012, 02:15 AM
Hi.. Rod Nice Suggestion Given By Roman.. Toning down the White Highlight in Body. From me Eye also not in focus. You should Take the Focus point on eye .. I Like Diagonal compo. Overall Nice Try. Keep Clicking..

Steve Maxson
02-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi Rod. This attractive looking frog is giving you a nice pose and the diagonal comp works well. You have some good suggestions above by Roman and Joshi. Some careful cloning could eliminate the flash-generated specular highlights and you might try an additional round of sharpening on the eye. I would agree with Roman about the light triangular area as it tends to draw my eye - toning that area down would help to focus our attention back on the cool frog. A few pp adjustments will take this nice image up several notches. :S3:

Julie Kenward
02-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Very good comments already given. Only other suggestion would be to make the image a little bit taller and move the from either further up or down in the diagonal plane just a bit more. I personally would have dropped him down a bit lower so his back legs were almost to the LRC and let the eye fall just below the midway point.

Ken Childs
02-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Hey Rod, I like the pose and the diagonal. Some great suggestions have already been given to improve this but If this were mine, I'd remove the offending brown triangle completely.....you've got a fairly straight edge on the green leaf so cloning away the brown should be relatively easy. I would also crop in tighter, making this a into a landscape crop with a lot off the bottom and a little off the other 3 sides.