PDA

View Full Version : Looking for lunch

Blake Cook
02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">I'm not sure what to do with these vultures. Can the feather fine detail be improved? Its about a 25% crop. Is that to much of a crop to have any detail?<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">

dankearl
02-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Detail looks fine to me.
A first rate BIF with a fine head turn towards you.
Well done.

arash_hazeghi
02-13-2012, 03:14 AM
detail is excellent. nice top view and exposure plus the head turn. It's just a bit too tight on the frame, you can add canvas if you don't have it

RakeshDhareshwar
02-13-2012, 03:21 AM
Nice HA you have got for a BIF . I see the details here , only you could help it with one more round of sharpening . By 25% crop , do you mean that this image is a 25% of the original image or it is 75% of the original ??

Blake Cook
02-13-2012, 08:17 AM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">Thanks all for your input. The crop is about 25% of the original photo.

Blake Cook
02-13-2012, 08:27 AM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">Repost with adjustments suggested by R108757akesh and Arash

Marina Scarr
02-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Nice details, background and head angle. I would take some off of the right and add canvas to the left, giving him room to fly into. That would also help to remove your subject from the middle of the frame.

Yves Guillot
02-13-2012, 10:34 AM
I agree with Marina in adding room to the left and less to the right. NIce details. I had no problem with the tight first one.

Daniel Cadieux
02-13-2012, 12:26 PM
I like the pose with the perfect head angle and all, but I feel you could add even more room than on your repost (make sure you have more in front than behind). This would also help keep your details in check as you do lose fine details the more you crop (not always obvious in web-sized images).

Bill Dix
02-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Terrific head angle and eye contact. Not the perfect near wing position, but a fine flight shot. Detail looks pretty good to me for that much crop. Good advice above re. more room in front.

Dave Leroy
02-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Nicely done Blake. Looks plenty sharp to me. I like the bit of room top and left for bird to fly into. I would also have a look at decreasing the blues in the blacks. Always good to post the technical shooting details as well. Looking forward to more.

Blake Cook
02-14-2012, 08:41 AM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">Thanks all for your comments and suggestions. Dave, I reduced black by 7% and reduced blue saturation as well. Good suggestions all.<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0"><embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0"><embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0"><embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">

Daniel Cadieux
02-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Yes!... last repost looks great!!