PDA

View Full Version : Party of Three

Gus Cobos
04-10-2008, 06:18 PM
This is my first pano image. These three merry guys were swimming in one of the watering holes at Crandon Gardens. They were painted with a Nikon D200 using the Nikkor 18-200mm VR f/3.5 - f/5.6G.
focal length @ 200mm / exposure mode @ aperture value / matrix metering / 1/100sec - f/5.6
ISO @ 100 / exposure comp @ 0EV / WB @ auto / AF Mode @ AF-C / color mode @ sRGB / hue adjustment @ 0 / saturation factor @ 0 / no flash / no tripod.

There are several issues that can be better on this image that I am fully aware of; but I welcome your comments... :confused:

Judd Patterson
04-11-2008, 02:54 AM
Hey Gus, this is a really nice image ratio for this line of ducks!! :) Like you giraffe photograph I do see a heavy color cast (greenish) that I would lessen with with changes to the image white balance and tone. The lighting here is also tough and makes for difficult photography conditions.

Harold Davis
04-11-2008, 04:57 AM
gus, that's a tough shot!! looks like the light is harsh. i would have said to stop down to f/16 but then i dont think you could have gotten the ss you needed. so i am confused too!!:confused: maybe a happy medium between the two.

i like the compo. after reading judd's post about the greenish cast in both the giraffe and this one, do you think if you change the wb in the camera it might help?

Gus Cobos
04-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the input Judd and Mr. Harold; it does look a wee bit greenish, dosen't it?
I don't think its the WB... Perhaps I need to desaturate just a tad...:eek:

Nonda Surratt
04-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Very difficult light..Like the pano crop

Alfred Forns
04-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi Gus Looking at the tech info seem you were overexposing Comp was zero and just looking at that green water and dark bg should have opened up the meter at least 2/3 stop?

The overexposure would also cause loss of detail in the ducks Combined with harsh light well you see the way they look.

I like the idea of getting three in a row Does make for a good image if you pull it off You need to have the ducks more or less in a straight line to cover them with the dof With your chosen focal length and distance should have been fine. Also make sure you make the exposure before the depart The ducks seem to be moving away from you.

btw was over at Crandon today and three more are missing. Valerie told me they were stolen a few day ago The black swan, Raja duck on one other. Breaks your heart !!! Wish they could give her a hand over there !!!