PDA

View Full Version : Radio City Music Hall

Roman Kurywczak
02-11-2012, 10:42 AM
This is from the grand lobby of Radio City Music Hall. It is an Art Deco paradise. You can learn more about it in my blog post by following the link below. A 5 image HDR stitch with further processing in CS5. Canon 1D Mark lll and the 17-40mm lens at 17mm.

Brendan Dozier
02-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Awesome image, Roman, love the POV, really gives you a sense of the large space. Nice job with HDR processing.

Don Railton
02-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Hi Roman

I agree with Brendan on the POV and the great sense of space. I like the fact that it does not have the 'HDR' image look, so well processed although it looks a little 'warm'. I also see a slight softness in the lower LHS and RHS corners... Is ths a lens limitation or a blending glitch..?

DON

Jerry van Dijk
02-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Hi Roman, wonderful capture of a wonderful building! The upper part seems quite level, but the lower part seems to need a little CCW rotation (check the two pillars). I also see the softness Don mentions. Did you use full aperture to get in as much light as possible? The softness also sometimes results from the HDR process.
I liked you blog photos as well. This is an amazing venue. What city is this in?

Roman Kurywczak
02-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks all! Jerry, this is in New York City. I actually pulled back some color as the space had a warm glow to it in person. It could be a bit soft due to being more wide open and I will check on level. I did not take out the lens distortion as I felt it added to the grand feeling of the space......but I could. All great suggestions and I will look into them and see what I can come up with.

Robert Amoruso
02-14-2012, 10:45 PM
I tried some LCE on it Roman and like the result. Glad to see you here posting.

Morkel Erasmus
02-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Hey Roman! Sorry I missed this. I noted in another post that I still need to "teach" my landscape-taste-buds to appreciate architectural and hand-of-man elements a bit more in this forum...:e3...the most I've gone off the nature-track (at least in posting here) is posting images with ruins or dirt roads in them...:Whoa!:

That being said, I like the luminosity and space here, and can imagine it being tough to shoot this properly. I like Robert's rotation suggestion...