PDA

View Full Version : Inflight photo

Bjoern Drabeck
04-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi again,

this time I have a bird in flight. I know it is a bit blurred, and the background is not "pure nature", but just what do you think generally, aside from that?

Nikon D80, 18-200VR at 200mm, 1/160s at f/7.1, ISO 100

Is there any other info I need to provide?

thanks and kind regards,
Bjoern

P.S. The long exposure I did, because I wanted to get some wing-blur, because I saw something like that before and liked it...

Alfred Forns
04-10-2008, 04:17 PM
I like it a lot Bjoern I'm a fan of blurs and this is a good one !!! At a higher shutter speed it would be just a gull image !!!!

I like the selected shutter speed Did very well panning with the bird Good bg blurring Would suggest more room for the bird Feels tight in frame For this you need to make many in order to choose one with no distractive bg elements (its basically luck) Would experiment with other shutter speeds for different effects. Distance to subject will make a big difference !!!! Big Congrats on this one !!!!1

Bjoern Drabeck
04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Hi Alfred, thanks for your feedback and compliments!

It is a bit tight in the frame because I had to crop some elements from the picture (lamppost or sth) which just disturbed the overall picture, otherwise it would have more "freedom"

Gus Cobos
04-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Bjoern,
Love the blurred action on this one, its a little tight for my taste, but I guess it was the best that could be done given the circumstances...:)

Congrats...:D

Alfred Forns
04-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi Bjoern that is why I was thinking in taking a bunch Obtaining a clean on is tough Very rewarding !!!

Harold Davis
04-11-2008, 04:46 AM
Hi Bjoern and welcome to BPN!! very nice gull. i dont mind the blurs either. cant wait to see more from you.

Bjoern Drabeck
04-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi all,

thanks for your compliments and feedback. At that time I didnt have a lot of time (was taken on a business trip to Palma de Mallorca btw), as I only had a bit more than half a day to spend there, so I had to quickly run around and get as many impressions as possible. Would have loved to stay longer, as there were many fotogenic locations...

kind regards,
Bjoern