PDA

View Full Version : Old Squaw

Grady Weed
02-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N, Date/Time 2/10/2012 1:24:52 PM, Aperture-Priority, 1/1000, Av 5.6, Partial Metering, Exposure Compensation -2/3, ISO 100, Lens: EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM +2.0x, Focal Length 600.0mm, RAW, White Balance Mode Auto, One-Shot AF.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
We were able to wait out this Old Squaw or Long Tailed duck at Nubble Lighthouse this afternoon while looking for the Snowy Owl that has been seen there for several weeks now. They are very skittish and will duck under and swim away if startled. It was one of three, along with 6 Harlequins paddling around about 40 yards off from the rocks we were on. It was a nice day out. My first time out this winter for photographic purposes.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Thanks for looking.<o:p></o:p>

Daniel Cadieux
02-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Tough to expose, you've done well...only a seemingly very bright patch on the breast could be toned down. I'm not quite certain about the comp, there is lots of extra space at bottom that could be cropped out.

Hopefully you'll get more photographic outings soon...I can relate, I'm going out tomorrow for only the second time since December!!

Grady Weed
02-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Thank you Daniel for your kind remarks.