PDA

View Full Version : Upclose Wood Stork

Lana Hays
01-04-2008, 10:30 PM
There was a good day of warbler fall out In April last year at Fort Desoto. I'd been chasing the little itchy twitchies when a Wood Stork came in. I was sitting down taking a break and he just moved closer and closer. The final shot was a closeup of his head.......but not all of it as he was so close. I thought the pattern on the head was so interesting that I cropped it down to make an abstract sort of image. Given that my mother (who was a professional artist) always said that I had about as much creativity as a box of rocks.....what do you think of this one?

Canon 500mmL IS, 2XTC, tripod
ISO 400, ss 1/640, f/11 manual exposure
RAW conversion, cropped all aroudn, USM

Mohammed Ahmed
01-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Lana,

This is an impressive abstract image. I like more of a rectangular frame as opposed to square, but that is my preference. This one however with the right framing work will look very nice on a wall. Congratulations!

Regards,

Mohammed

Fabs Forns
01-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey Lana,

What incredible textures, it looks almost like those edges they build with rocks and cement around the beach!

I played around with other crop choices and ended up with the one presented. Great thinking!
The flash looks like the flash icon in the white balance setting :)

Judd Patterson
01-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Love it! The close-up view of the incredible skin texture is amazing. And the ear is cool too!

Terry Jackson
01-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Out of the box seems right.....great eye to just see this within your original image. I like the square crop and also think it would look great framed on a wall.

Jim Neely
01-05-2008, 02:28 PM
I love it, Lana. The patterning is great. I looked at it for a second thinking it was a knot in a piece of wood. The detail is fascinating.

jn

Mike Gallo
01-05-2008, 04:12 PM
I love the abstract quality of this Lana, and the square format is perfect, one that I use whenever I can

Jim Caldwell
01-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Oh, I love this image! The detail is incredible and that eye is perfectly placed and makes the picture. It almost looks like some kind of bizarre landscape.

Andreas Kanon
01-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Beautiful image. I like that you cropped out the rest as they are quite ugly. But presented like this they are almost beautiful.