PDA

View Full Version : The romantic lives of winter MUTE SWANS

Jack Breakfast
02-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Huzzah! I was taking some godawful shots of a medium-distance n. pintail and paying little mind to the closeby mute swans. Why bother? The sleeping and poorly lit pintail was of greater interest, possibly because of misfiring synapses not in his brain but in mine. Anyhow, pretty soon the swans began their dance of courtship and things became ribald quite quickly after that...
Anyhow, this picture was taken with the Canon 7D, 200mm f2.8 lens + 1.4, iso200, 1/1600, f7. Heartfelt thanks for your comments, suggestions, and ideas.

Marina Scarr
02-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Really like all the dripping water here...or were they sweating?? I have seen these pairs engage in their romantic activities and what a pleasure it is to watch and photograph. I would have liked a little different angle on this one, but understand you most likely had no choice.

Jack Breakfast
02-08-2012, 12:19 PM
In this particular case, "no choice" is perfectly accurate, but I wouldn't have said no to a different angle either...

Kaustubh Deshpande
02-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Jack, nice moment with all those water droplets. The image can go a bit brighter I think.