PDA

View Full Version : Okavango Stalker

Mario Moreno
02-05-2012, 09:17 AM
A lioness ( Panthera Leo ) stalking a herd of waterbuck in golden afternoon light. Image captured near 3rd Bridge in the Moremi Game Reserve.

EOS 5D MKII - 600mm - 1/750 sec @ f5.6 - ISO 300

Tom Graham
02-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Well, been over 12 hours since you posted and 34 views with no comments, so I'll try it.
I like it a lot. Even though I feel it is more of a graphic rather than a wildlife image. I won't buy that the color I see here is the color it was because our eye/brain makes all sorts of changes and "corrections" during the real time/life seeing. If you have however a gray card for reference, than I will certainly admit my wrong assumption. But regardless, I still like it, very powerful color, composition, and overall image. It would make a great cover for a brochure (promotion), with the appropriate text in lower left corner area.
Tom

Morkel Erasmus
02-06-2012, 03:21 AM
I like the graphic feel here Mario. Granted, the processing applied is for a particular taste (I do like it! :c3:), I would like to see this with a tad less contrast and saturation just to compare? The light is exquisite and the pose effective. :bg3:

If you have however a gray card for reference, than I will certainly admit my wrong assumption. But regardless, I still like it, very powerful color, composition, and overall image.

Tom, please do explain to us how you would go about using said "gray card" out in the wilderness for getting that "perfect" colour??? :2eyes2:

Steve Kaluski
02-06-2012, 04:36 AM
Hi Mario, I too like the 'graphic quality' of the image, although it's perhaps a little enhanced for my tastes. :bg3: If you have it a little more at the foot of the image that would be good.

TFS
Steve

Vivaldo Damilano
02-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi Mario, Ilike the image but find that this image has too much contrast. I thought thiswas taken in Moremi, noticed the tall reeds TFS
:cheers: