PDA

View Full Version : Leaf on Me

Cheryl Arena Molennor
02-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Felt like some macro today. Didn't quite get the dof I wanted so this is a focus stack of two images
Camera Model Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/40
Av( Aperture Value ) 22.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed 500
Lens 150mm
Flash Off

C&C welcome Thanks

Steve Maxson
02-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Hi Cheryl. Very cool lines, colors, and patterns! Also nice comp and good sharpness. The only aspect I'm not sure about is the hard shadow behind the petiole - you might try bringing out more detail there. It will be interesting to see what others chime in on that point. :S3: Very well done!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
02-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Hi Cheryl. Very cool lines, colors, and patterns! Also nice comp and good sharpness. The only aspect I'm not sure about is the hard shadow behind the petiole - you might try bringing out more detail there. It will be interesting to see what others chime in on that point. :S3: Very well done!

Thanks Steve.
I agree totally about the shadow. Thank for commenting

Don Lacy
02-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Wonderful image Cheryl, Love the detail and lines I actually like the shadow as it adds one graphic element to the image.

Bob Miller
02-06-2012, 09:17 PM
HI Cheryl....i like the strong fg lines . I think you did a good job composing the image. One consideration is that the color of the fg and bg are so similar.

bhavya joshi
02-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Love the lines and patterns, and nice composition. not a big error of shadow to me.. Nice work Cheryl.

Roman Kurywczak
02-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Hey Cheryl,
Didn't get a chance to comment on this one elsewhere yet.....but I love the colors. Comp is fantastic too! I will offer this as food for thought......selectively darken or lighten either the FG or BG.......give it some more in your face presence......for me....this would take it over the top!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
02-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Hey Cheryl,
Didn't get a chance to comment on this one elsewhere yet.....but I love the colors. Comp is fantastic too! I will offer this as food for thought......selectively darken or lighten either the FG or BG.......give it some more in your face presence......for me....this would take it over the top!

Thanks everybody for the input. Thanks Roman as well that sounds like the right suggestion. :)

Ken Childs
02-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Hey Cheryl, I love this as is but following Roman's advice will definitely take this one up a few notches. I just gave it a try (darkened FG) and it made a world of difference!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
02-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi Ken I'd love to see the repost? Thanks for taking the time

Ken Childs
02-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Hi Ken I'd love to see the repost? Thanks for taking the time
Cheryl, I didn't save it because it was a sloppy job done just to get an idea of what it would look like. All I did was use Photoshop's Quick Selection Tool to select the leaf on the left and then darkened it with a highlights adjustment in SH.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
02-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Cheryl, I didn't save it because it was a sloppy job done just to get an idea of what it would look like. All I did was use Photoshop's Quick Selection Tool to select the leaf on the left and then darkened it with a highlights adjustment in SH.

No problem I'll give it a shot myself. thanks

OvidiuCavasdan
02-27-2012, 12:18 PM
I like the composition! I find the shadow a bit to dark. Would have been nice imo if the leaf on left was more vivid and the leaf in bg less vivid in colour. Just some thoughts....
I like this image a lot and I think you did a great job !

Cheryl Arena Molennor
02-27-2012, 12:52 PM
I like the composition! I find the shadow a bit to dark. Would have been nice imo if the leaf on left was more vivid and the leaf in bg less vivid in colour. Just some thoughts....
I like this image a lot and I think you did a great job !
Thank you Ovidiu,
I took all of the advice and re worked the image. I changed the vibrancy of the front leaf and removed the most part of the shadow. how's this? It's a pretty large file pretty compressed not the best IQ

Cheryl Arena Molennor
02-27-2012, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=OvidiuCavasdan;776368]I like the composition! I find the shadow a bit to dark. Would have been nice imo if the leaf on left was more vivid and the leaf in bg less vivid in colour. Just some thoughts....
I like this image a lot and I think you did a great job ![/QUOTE
OOps I posted wrong image