PDA

View Full Version : Orange Finch

Joel Eade
02-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Of course there is no such thing as an Orange Finch unless you start with a Gold Finch then using Topaz Adjust, Nik Color Efex Pro and Pixel Bender you change the yellow to orange.

Paul Lagasi
02-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Good looking image, another bird to add to my list (of birds to see). Good results from effect used, nice head turn. I might crop a bit from the left but its your image....good work

Morris Altman
02-04-2012, 08:43 PM
This is a very pretty creation Joel. What does the female look like?

Morris

John Storjohann
02-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Nice looking image, Joel...though I'd be tempted to smooth out the background a bit..a matter of personal taste. I might some to the RHS as well...just a thought. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Indranil Sircar
02-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Joel, awesome look back pose and color! I too would have preferred a bit off the left and a slightly smoother bg. Nice work and TFS:S3:

denise ippolito
02-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Joel, Great job with the filter. Nice pose, perch and HA. I think that there are just a few areas around the perch that I would touch up. Well done.

Mitch Carucci
02-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I think there should be an orange finch! I think it would be a handsome bird. Nice idea.

Cynthia Thayer
02-08-2012, 01:08 AM
I love the combination of filters you used here. Now I love finches, and I love the texture in the feathers. It's not over done. The background, in my opinion, takes away from the bird. I would love to see this image with a softer, less competing background. Great use of the filters.

Joel Eade
02-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks to all for comments and suggestions. On the original post I did smooth the BG a little but I agree it needed more so here's a repost (with a different crop too)