PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn Bridge Park on a summer evening

Morris Altman
02-04-2012, 10:40 AM
http://qcpages.qc.cuny.edu/~maltman/072508DSC_1683B.jpg

D70s + 24-120 VR @ 24mm, ISO 200, 6 seconds, f 8

The couple in the foreground were mostly in the dark so I walked into the frame with my SB800 in hand and fired it twice once from each side. I was careful to stay between my flash and the camera so that the flash did not show up in the image. The flash did make to bright spots on the grass and that is the only evidence I can see of it’s use.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Paul Lagasi
02-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Very nice results, I am going to have to try the firing of flash, very nice tip.
I would have loved to only have the couple on the blanket in the image but seriously nice results...thanks for sharing this Morris

Morris Altman
02-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Thank you Paul,

In New York City the only way to have that few people around is Photoshop :-}

Morris

John Storjohann
02-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Very nice image, Morris...my only suggestion would be to clone out the "ghosts" of the couple and their dog on the RHS, between the posts with circles...and to maybe tone down the whites on the smaller structure near the LHS. Beautifully captured...nice work with the lighting.

Indranil Sircar
02-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Very nice, Morris! certainly an impressive result and I like it a lot! Good technique with the flash. John makes a good point about those ghost characters. TFS.

denise ippolito
02-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Morris, This is wonderful. Great technique and well executed. I too first thought to tone down the white on the LHS but I think it does add some balance to the image.

Morris Altman
02-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Thank you John, Indranil, and Denise,

I considered cloning out the ghosts and chose to left them to be one of those little imperfections that gives an image some personality. Some will disagree with this and there is nothing wrong with removing them.

Morris