PDA

View Full Version : Amherst has at least 1 Saw-whet

Paul Lagasi
04-10-2008, 03:16 AM
Hi all who live within driving distance of Amherst, I was there Tuesday. After 22 trips to Owl Woods, where I've seen Boreal, Barred, Great Horned, Great Grey's, Long-Eared and Short-Eared and Snowy's. I had never seen a Saw-Whet...this all changed Tuesday. Took a photo of this guy. I had to heavily work on this photo with Photoshop, This little Owl was tucked behind branches with all kinds of junk in front of him, this photo is a composite of 5 shots, cut, curved to match colors, sized, reversed and pasted. He wasn't going anywhere but I left the little guy alone, to eat his mouse meal (which shows how really small these guys are)....maybe the next Saw-Whet I see will be more in the open. Hope you like the shot...506 is how many birds I have photos of.....Paul

Stephen Stephen
04-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Congratulations Paul! A Saw-whet is still on my "wanted" list. I've been to Amherst a couple of times last year but not this winter. I got to see some Snowys and the cute Long-eared owls.

John Chardine
04-17-2008, 04:30 AM
I assume you guys are not talking about Amherst, Nova Scotia?!

Greg Schneider
04-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Oh no. Amherst Island is near Kingston, ON.

Art Kornienko
11-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Very nice Paul, you did a great job with the pp. I hope to make it up to AI one of these days.