PDA

View Full Version : Himalayan Blue poppy #2

Bob Miller
02-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Took these at Longwood Gardens in Pa.-----I just loved the colors in this flower and the way the light was hitting it! All Comments welcome!
Nikon D-300
1/320 sec at f8
ISO200
180 mm macro

Julie Kenward
02-04-2012, 08:43 AM
There's a lot to like here, Bob! I've seen my friend, Ed, Vatza's photos of this flower and the color is exquisite! I love the super sharp center here and the fall off of the petals behind it. I do think it would take it up another notch if you cleaned up the edges a bit more so the green transition to the black BG didn't show as much.

From a composition standpoint, I like the different presentation but do find myself wishing that front petal was more in focus or less obvious. A slight twist to the left might have diminished it a bit (or stopping down the aperture). I can also see that this would be a great place to try "stacking" a few images where the DOF was in different places and then blending them together in PS.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
02-04-2012, 07:41 PM
I really like the light here and agree about the clean up.

Steve Maxson
02-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi Bob. Amazing colors and the lighting is very nice. I think Jules nailed the critique and I would agree with her suggestions. :S3: I hope to see more of these images!

bhavya joshi
02-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Wonderful light and colors.. sharp and nice compo..Nice suggestion given by Jules.. So Good luck for next.

Roman Kurywczak
02-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Love the light here Bob! Tough one comp wise and I do think Jules offers some good suggestions. I really like the way you isolated against the dark BG! A keeper for sure!

Ken Childs
02-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Jules already covered this well so I won't repeat what was said. This may not be perfect but it's worth the price of admission just for those amazing natural colors!

OvidiuCavasdan
02-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Great colors and light! Nice sharpness and details where it needs. Still thinking about the petal on right.... would have liked to be more in focus or less bright.
I like this image!