PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Birdies

Lance Peters
04-10-2008, 01:40 AM
Hi - well winter approachs were I live and many of the birds are moving on it seems.

Pelicans are all gone, Egrets haven't seen one for a week, Spoonbills - all gone - looks like I will be practising on the ducks for a little while.

Spotted a couple of commorant's this morning hopefully they might stay for a while at least until I get a chance to practise on them :)

Bit lucky I guess I live 3 1/2 hours from the nearest ocean so have to say I have been surprised to see the pelicans on the river for as long as they were, they all made great practise subjects.

As this is my first year photographing the birds in the locale were I live - I am just learning about the visting patterns of the various species - all great fun.

Cant wait to see if there are any new arrivals during winter.

Lance

Alfred Forns
04-10-2008, 06:48 AM
HI Lance that is the only good thing about them leaving !!! The return !!!

As you photograph more birds you will find more places to photograph. You can always take a hop to the Solomons They sure have some beauties there !!!!

Lance Peters
04-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi Alfred - yes looking forward to the return, We have very bad drought conditions were I live - the river is all but a shadow of its former self. In lots of other aerea's all the lakes and rivers have dried up - maybe this is why we have a bit of variety in the water birds at present.

I am scouting out another location at the weekend - if it has any water it will be intresting as their are hides there - not sure what birds frequent the area though - and only about 1/2 hour from were I live :)

Lance