Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: Nikon 200-400 f4
Aperture: f/7.1
Shutters: 1/800
Speed: ISO 400

Ken Watkins
02-02-2012, 11:31 PM
VPN,
Great image quality here, just a pity about the road, did you get anything before the "crossing"?

v.p.nurdeen
02-02-2012, 11:40 PM
VPN,
Great image quality here, just a pity about the road, did you get anything before the "crossing"?

Hi Ken,
I posted this with the road because the guide said that we were lucky to get a Black Rhino so close in the open :S3: I do have some more images without the road but the legs are not fully visible.
Regards
VPN

Ken Watkins
02-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Hi Ken,
I do have some more images without the road but the legs are not fully visible.
Regards
VPN

I really think that full visibility of the legs may not be that important. Could you post one?

Cheers

Ken

Steve Kaluski
02-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Hi VPN, would lose a fraction off the top to remove the little bit of clutter towards the RHS, there also looks like a slight halo under the chin/throat/underbelly area of the Rhino. The image still appears not to have an embedded profile and may not be shown correctly with regard to colour.

thanks
Steve

v.p.nurdeen
02-03-2012, 04:27 AM
Hi Ken,
This is the one without the road and Steve this time I have embedded the profile :S3:
VPN

Marc Mol
02-03-2012, 04:35 AM
Nice pose with raised front leg, can see sharpening halos on the OP.
TFS

Steve Kaluski
02-03-2012, 04:45 AM
VPN this is fair better overall compared to the OP, plus embedding the correct profile makes a huge difference, just remember what you did.

No need for another RP, but you could apply some more sharpening to the Rhino/lighten a fraction some of the dark shadows and a little NR to the top half of the image.

Ken Watkins
02-03-2012, 05:38 AM
VPN,

The new post is for me at least far better in terms of setting, altough the detail and processing does not look as good to me, was it a quick job?

As for the embeded colour space it only makes a difference to those using a non colour managed browser such as Internet Explorer, Moxilla Firefox works perfectly and is free. I would recommend giving it a try.

Rachel Hollander
02-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Hi VPN - I much prefer the second shot. It just has more life to it with the raised head and trotting pose. Good suggestions above for improving both. I also see the sharpening halo in the OP.

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
02-03-2012, 09:53 AM
I too prefer the 2nd image and great advice already given above.

Pieter de Waal
02-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Great sighting V.P. I like the IQ in your OP.

v.p.nurdeen
02-06-2012, 12:02 AM
VPN,

The new post is for me at least far better in terms of setting, altough the detail and processing does not look as good to me, was it a quick job?

As for the embeded colour space it only makes a difference to those using a non colour managed browser such as Internet Explorer, Moxilla Firefox works perfectly and is free. I would recommend giving it a try.

Hi Ken,
You are so right about the quick job in processing :S3:
VPN

Morkel Erasmus
02-06-2012, 02:01 AM
I too like the second pose and setting better, but agree the IQ seems better in the OP (bar sharpening halos) :w3 I also prefer the direction of the light in the OP...

Good job in learning to handle the "embedding" of the colour profile. I prefer using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, which interprets the colour profile correctly - but also keep in mind not EVERY viewer of an image you post will use those browsers, so it's best ot embed it as mentioned. :5