PDA

View Full Version : The Lion Sleeps Tonight ... Or Does He?

Mark Fuge
01-30-2012, 01:30 PM
This image was taken at Lion Country Safari a few years ago, before they fenced in the lions, or should I say fenced out the tourists? :e3

The image was processed in CS4 and Topaz, including; Cropping out vehicle and cloning top and bottom of image (See next post), Selective Colors, 3D Spherical Panorama, Accent Edges, Dry Brush, Topaz Lens Effects and other normal PS image adjustments.

Enjoy!

Mark Fuge
01-30-2012, 01:31 PM
This is the original image with minimal RAW processing, fYI.

Indranil Sircar
01-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Great looking abstract, Mark. I like how you transformed the original. The color and texture are excellent. My preference would be to move the right eye a bit and reduce the skew, if it were mine. Excellent processing!

Steve Adkins
01-30-2012, 05:35 PM
A "House of Mirrors" for lions. Love it!

denise ippolito
01-31-2012, 08:32 AM
Mark, This is fun and funky! I like the way you textured the background zoom. Indranil makes a good suggestion.

John Storjohann
01-31-2012, 12:03 PM
I love Indranil's suggestion...it might make a good bit of processing work pop a bit more within the image!

Paul Lagasi
01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Whatever it is your havin, I want some...very nice abstract...another "Fugeistic Image"

Gus Hallgren
01-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Perfect, I love an abstract where you have to stare into it, turn up your thought process and finally find it.
Gorgeous, my thoughts never encountered any stumbling blocks and I love it as posted

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and processing;

I did see the lion before you posted the original.

Gus

Maureen Allen
01-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Very fun effect, Mark. Looks like the lion got smacked from behind :S3:

Cheryl Slechta
02-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Mark, I love it just the way it is. It reminds me of an abstract "Lion King" poster. I especially love the greens in the image and the dark space to the right of the lion - it looks like he's being sucked into a black hole:S3:

Mark Fuge
02-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Great looking abstract, Mark. I like how you transformed the original. The color and texture are excellent. My preference would be to move the right eye a bit and reduce the skew, if it were mine. Excellent processing!

Thanks for viewing and comments Indranil. Appreciate it.

I tried to level the eyes more, but when I got out of the car to adjust his head he looked funny at me. :Whoa!: I therefore decided that this would be my vision for this image! :2eyes2: :w3 But I appreciate your comment. If you get the chance to shoot one like this sometime, see if you can adjust the head and get back in the car before he notices! :w3 :bg3:

Mark Fuge
02-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Whatever it is your havin, I want some...very nice abstract...another "Fugeistic Image"

I don't think a class in mixology on this site would go over too well, Paul. :c3: :cheers:

But thanks for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Mark Fuge
02-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Perfect, I love an abstract where you have to stare into it, turn up your thought process and finally find it.
Gorgeous, my thoughts never encountered any stumbling blocks and I love it as posted

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and processing;

I did see the lion before you posted the original.

Gus

Thanks Gus for viewing and comment. Appreciate it.

I agree, this one even surprised me when I finally said "it is done and it is good" :w3 Not to boast, but I just liked everything I saw in it ... which I wish would happen more often! :e3 :w3

Mark Fuge
02-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Thanks to the rest of you. Appreciate your viewing and comments. Now if I could get this site to stop burping on my computer I could spend more time here. But after every post, I have to relog on!!! Bummer. :e3