PDA

View Full Version : Simplified Gloucous Winged Gull

Indranil Sircar
01-30-2012, 12:30 PM
This one is from Homer... as we baited Bald Eagles with fish, these gulls were the first to show up. Keeping low, I took this image with the backdrop of the evening sky. Foreground is snow. For processing, used Topaz Adjust and Simplify and then used a mask to open up gull's head and wings. I could have pushed the bg saturation a but more but wanted to see how you feel about it. Hope you like it...

Mark Fuge
01-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Nice image and application, Indranil.

I like it as shown.

Steve Adkins
01-30-2012, 05:38 PM
This has a very light and airy feeling that I like, Indranil. Super job on the processing and I especially like the wing details/contrast. Great idea to stay low. :S3:

Cheryl Slechta
01-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Indranil, I like the soft pinks and blues and the perspective. ( It looks like Alaska is getting a brutally cold winter. )

Anita Bower
01-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Wonderful angle you chose for this image. I like the slices of snow and water at the bottom. The pastel colors are lovely, as is the position of the Gull. I'm wondering if there is a way of making the bird stand out just a bit more from the bg.

denise ippolito
01-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Indranil, I like the soft feel of this. The gull is beautifully captured.

Paul Lagasi
01-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Nice capture Indranil, I like that you can see a hint of the mountains in the background and that you left a landing area for bird...well captured