PDA

View Full Version : Blue-winged Teal

David Smith
04-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Here is a Blue-winged Teal that I captured at a pond that had, White Pelicans, Great White Egrets, Mallard Ducks, Blue-winged Teal and Rosette Spoonbills, all in a feeding frenzy. The ducks kept taking off and landing, giving me some great flight images.
Canon 40D
Canon 300 f/2.8 w 2X tel
400 ISO.....1/800 @ F8

Dave

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG_0092b.jpg

Maxis Gamez
04-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi Dave,

Love the wings position but this image is well under expose. There is very little details anywhere in the image. The head looks out of focus. Remember you can post images up to pixels the longer side.

Keep them coming!

Axel Hildebrandt
04-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Nice pose and BG. It looks a bit soft on my monitor and you can post images up to 800 pixels, which makes commenting easier.

Robert O'Toole
04-09-2008, 07:33 PM
I am with Maxis, the wing position and the pose is really good. The problems can be taken care of, somewhat in Photoshop in a couple of minutes. Head does appear soft.

Robert

Daniel Cadieux
04-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Ditto above. Not an easy species to get in flight, and it looks like you got a good spot to go to again! I will add that your "logo" is quite distracting...just the letters would be sufficient ;-)

David Smith
04-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Daniel:

The logo is from the photo hosting website.. Is there a way I can post pictures without uploading to a host site..???:confused:

Thanks

Dave

Daniel Cadieux
04-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Dave, the best way of course would be to become a full-blown member of BPN. That way you could take advantage of BPN's hosting service (AND be able to post an image on every forum every 24 hrs...).

If not, just switch hosting sites. Something like Photobucket or similar that does not include an intrusive logo and website address. I personally would never be comfortable with such add-ons to MY photos!!