PDA

View Full Version : Horned Lark

Steve Canuel
01-30-2012, 01:19 AM
They do love to perch on fences (when they're not on the ground foraging). 7D, 500/4 + 1.4xTCII, f5.6, 1/500s, ISO 1600, +2/3 EC, HH from vehicle, small crop for comp.

Brendan Dozier
01-30-2012, 02:20 AM
Nice looking bird, Steve, like the simplicity of comp, nice colors and partial white BG gives nice contrast. I'm ok with the looking up POV as we get a pretty good look at the head.

Stu Bowie
01-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi Steve, I really like the pastel colours on this fellow, and the pose shows them off nicely. Im fine with the angle, and a great view of the feet and claws too. Interesting two tone BG, separated at the fence line. High key works for me, as it always shows up the colours of the subject, as mentioned. Did you manage any of him on the ground?

jack williamson
01-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Steve, I am not a big fan of high key but this one is nice. There is good detail in the bird and the colors look good. I don't mind birds on barbed wire as so many of them use it to perch on. The two toned bg helps this high key.

Jack

Steve Canuel
02-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the look and feedback guys.

Stuart,
It's hard to get clean shots of these guys on the ground as they're constantly moving and obscured by grasses. I do have other shots of them on the ground but none as emotionally stirring and post worthy as this one.