PDA

View Full Version : Is It Lunch Time?

Gus Cobos
04-09-2008, 05:54 PM
This young fellow was getting hungry around two pm at the zoo. He was painted with a Nikon D50 using a Nikkor 70-300mm f/4 - f/5.6G.
focal length @ 250mm / exposure mode @ manual / matrix metering / 1/250sec - f/5.3
exposure comp @ 0EV / ISO @ 200 / WB @ auto / AF mode @ AF - S / hue adjustment set @ 0 / tone comp @ 0 / color mode set @ sRGB / saturation factor @ normal
no flash / no tripod.

Comments greatly appreciated...:D

Julie Kenward
04-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Aren't they just the coolest things to photograph? Those long necks...those long lashes! I like your composition but would like to have seen just a tad more on the top. I wonder how it would look with the background a little desaturated and calmed down and then brighten him just a bit? He's too cute not to make that face "pop" a little more!

Bruce Gove
04-09-2008, 06:47 PM
nice image Gus! like the comp - too bad you couldn't have lit him up with some flash..

Bruce

Alfred Forns
04-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi Gus Did a little work on the giraffe I like you chosen crop a lot Only added a bit of canvas to the right and top

Overall there was a tint so I color balanced and then brighten the image a bit. I like how you worked lining up for a good bg !!! Excellent zoo image I have to make it over Find it challenging and rewarding !!!! Good one Gus !!!!

Sorry about the signature !!!

Gus Cobos
04-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Thank you for the kind words Al...:) I had to do about twelve takes on this fellow before I nailed him with the composition and the background...:eek: You are right about getting a pleasant background at the zoo; thats why I chose a big aperture to defuse it as much as possible...:) The residents at the zoo are easy to photograph, the background kills you...:eek:

Alfred Forns
04-09-2008, 09:01 PM
...... and also the time to shoot. Open late close early!!!!