Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: Nikon 200-400 f4
Aperture: f/7.1
Shutters: 1/800
Speed: ISO 400

Ken Watkins
01-29-2012, 10:57 PM
VPN,

This is difficult either the rear Fox spoils it or it does not I cannot make up my mind.

Certainly if the entire head of the OOF one had been visible above the "subject" then this would have been marvelous to say the least.

Marc Mol
01-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Have to agree with Ken here VP, an alternate would have been to just have the BG ears visible (no torso), I do like your thinking still. :w3
TFS

Tom Graham
01-30-2012, 03:54 AM
What was Ndutu like in May? Large herds of wildebeest around? Raining a lot? Lot of green grass? Did you stay at the Ndutu Lodge, was it busy/full with guests?
(I was there last year about this time, end of Feb. Also had good sighting of bat-eared fox).
Tom

Steve Kaluski
01-30-2012, 06:51 AM
Hi VPN, firstly please check when posting that your image has the required Colour profile set, as this will display your image correctly and without any colour shift.

If the image can stand it, I would agree with Marc about going much tighter, but would look at loosing the paw/tip of the tail(?), as it might look a little odd, providing you feel comfortable about doing that. I say that, as WE have seen the whole image and know what it is, if when going tighter and without seeing the OP it might look odd maybe? In that way, having the second head in view, albeit OOF, would create perhaps a better composition.

Tom, may I remind you that this is for critiquing of Wildlife images, if you wish to have an update of a previous location you have been to please contact the respective member via PM, thanks.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
01-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi VPN, unfortunately I agree with the others and this doesn't work for me for the reasons mentioned above. Looking forward to seeing more still from this sighting.

TFS,
Rachel

Arthur Morris
01-30-2012, 04:09 PM
v.p., I like the open mouth and the sharpness. The image as presented could go a bit darker. As presented, I would like to have seen the entire shadow; try not to cut anything off with the frame edge.

The very best option would have been to have had the driver move the van slowly about ten yards to your right.... This would have resulted in a much more pleasing juxtaposition of the two foxes and made the shadow less of a problem. (Those above were on the right track).

v.p.nurdeen
01-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Thank you all for your comments and critique much appreciated especially from the Big Chief Arthur. :S3:
regards
VPN

Arthur Morris
01-31-2012, 06:32 AM
Thank you all for your comments and critique much appreciated especially from the Big Chief Arthur. :S3: Regards, VPN

Thanks Bhai for your kind words and especially for your membership support :)

Morkel Erasmus
02-02-2012, 05:20 AM
I cannot help but agree with the comments above. If only the ears of the BG fox were visible, it would have been quite cool, else I would have liked at least all the head visible even if it's OOF (I do quite like discernable OOF animals in the BG :S3:).

Light wasn't your friend here - so often the case when we have good sightings...Arthur made a good point on positioning - not sure how crowded the sighting was though.