F Number = F18
Exposure Program = Manual
ISO Speed Ratings = 400
Subject Distance = 1.5m
Metering Mode = Pattern
Flash = Flash fired, compulsory flash mode, return light detected
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 157mm
Lens = nikkor 105.0 mm f/2.8 VR
Indoors, tripod, 2x flash SB900, collapsible reflector, green cardboard as BG.

Don Lacy
01-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Lovely colors and composition

Jerry van Dijk
01-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi Adrian, well composed image, but somehow it's not really working for me. The image looks quite flat from the flash and I think the BG color doesn't really compliment the plant. Also some of the flowers don't look too sharp and crispy. I think you could improve the image with a levels adjustment, toning down the highlights and decreasing overall contrast (and maybe add some clarity as compensation).

Brendan Dozier
01-29-2012, 04:19 PM
I like the colors and composition, Adrian, but think Jerry has a point about it looking a little flat. Some of the suggested tweaking should make it stronger.

Adrian David
01-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Thank you for your comments! It is the first time I've used multiple flash lights, and my intention was to eliminate the shadows on the subject and BG.... I, also think that the image is a bit flat, but that's what I've got.....
It is much to learn about using multiple flash lights, and much experimentation...

Doug Zoern
01-31-2012, 08:43 AM
When I saw the thumb I was very excited to see the full image. I love the green tone on tone but I think I'd tone down the background.
I like the composition and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Steve Maxson
02-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi Adrian. Like the others, I like the comp, colors, and DOF. To my eye, the image has kind of a "flashed" look - not bad, but noticeable. :S3: Some additional experimentation with your flash setup will no doubt improve things. I like that the flashes did not produce shadows on your background so you are on the right track there. Are you using diffusers on your flash heads? If not, they would help to soften the light. Looking forward to more of these images from you.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
02-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice set up nice colors and dof