PDA

View Full Version : Chincoteague Sunrise

Bob Miller
01-28-2012, 07:46 PM
I spent a long time trying to get the composition right on this. What do you think?

Nikon D3s
1 sec at f18
ISO 400
80-400 mm @80mm
Tripod

Jerry van Dijk
01-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi Bob, I think you did a good job on the composition. Well balanced and nice leading diagonal lines taking the eye back and forth through the frame. My only critique would be that I would have liked some more room between the reflection of the trees on the left and the plants in the FG.

Brendan Dozier
01-29-2012, 04:48 PM
I think you did a pretty dang good job, Bob! Love the smoothness to water, reflection, and great warm sky colors contrast well with cool blue at bottom. Did you have to bring down the levels at all to get the silhouette look? Nice work!

Matt Fragale
01-29-2012, 07:18 PM
I love the colors and the alternating silhouettes. I guess perhaps the clouds could be a little more dramatic, but that's like saying the towels at the Ritz Carlton could be a little softer. Great location and nice work!

Robert Amoruso
01-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Bob,

A tough one to compose but you did it well. My eye travels around the image from island to island, FG to BG.

I would suggest a crop at the bottom right at the tip of the tip of the lower left point of land. I feel that strengthens the image.

Hilary Hann
01-31-2012, 05:59 AM
Lots of great points made … a very pleasing to the eye image. Well done.

Morkel Erasmus
02-02-2012, 06:10 AM
Nice work here Bob!
I agree with Robert's crop suggestion and also Jerry's nit of the lack of space between the tree reflection and the land mass in the midground on the LHS.
How about punching saturation just a bit more?