PDA

View Full Version : TTL Flash cord

Francis Bossé
04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi,

Anybody as any advice for a TTL Flash cord for Canon except the on Canon produce???

Thanks for your input!

Rocky Sharwell
04-09-2008, 02:12 PM
I bought a cord from Artie (birdsasart.com) that has worked really well---Way better made than the Canon cord...

Bob Ettinger
04-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Artie sells a really durable one which is way better than Canon's

http://www.birdsasart.com/accs.html#Flash%20Extension%20Cord/Off%20Camera%20TTL

Steve Ashton
04-09-2008, 05:39 PM
The new MKII canon TTL cord is very good. In three years I managed to damage 4 old cords the new one after 6 months is still going strong. It has the same seal as the 580EXII.

David Kennedy
04-14-2008, 12:11 AM
Glad to hear that the new off-shoe cord works, Steve. The Promaster cable that Artie sells does work better, although it has it's own issue. I think it's really hard to release it from the hot shoe (the tightening wheel tends to stick).

Alfred Forns
04-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Would go with the Promaster !!!!! It is made for both Canon and Nikon

My factory chords failed in short time Have been using the Promaster for a couple of years and still working !!! btw agree with David on the hot shoe issue but not bad !!!

Robert O'Toole
04-14-2008, 11:43 AM
I used to go through the old a OFF SHOE CORD 2 on a monthly basis. Vibration from rough roads (like a safari) or when using the flash at an angle will kill the old Canon units.

The Promaster cords Artie sells are much better.

The old Canon Off Shoe Camera Cord 2 has been discontined thankfully. I am told the new Canon cords the Off Shoe Camera Cord 3 are much better.

Robert