PDA

View Full Version : Mule Deer in the snow

Stan Cunningham
01-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Canon 50D and 70 - 200 2.8
ISO 400 F5.6 1/400 M
Minor tweaks in PS and Nik software to sharpen and bring out contrast.
Comment always appreciated.

Roman Kurywczak
01-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Love the falling snow and look of this one Stan! You had to cut somewhere.....and I like the framing element of the FG foilage......so this works for me! I'm debating the over-sharpening? of the fur....but all in all a very nice image with great mood!!!

Rachel Hollander
01-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Stan - really like this. Nice punch to it and life in the eye with nice antlers and details. The snow takes it to another level.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
01-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi Stan, I think I would prefer to see the subject a little smaller in frame so it can 'breathe', but more importantly I feel it looks overall, a bit light (bright), as illustrated when you look at the Levels, it's all moving to the RHS. I thinks some simple adjustments can get it back, but this is just my take.

TFS
Steve

Ken Watkins
01-28-2012, 03:26 AM
Stan,

Nice and refreshing to see this as it is extremely hot and humid over here.

On my monitor this looks to have a slight magenta cast, having tried it and I think that a boost by way of the curves preset "linear contrast" works the best for boosting the contrast as well as effectively darkening slightly.

Doug Zoern
01-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Stan,

Overall I like the image. I'm not crazy about the branch in the middle of the right side, it seems to point out the bucks backside.
This guy is sooo much more grand than our suburban Whitetails.

Harshad Barve
02-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Awesome image Stan , snow is so special here
TFS