Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: Nikon 200-400 f4
Aperture: f/7.1
Shutters: 1/1000
Speed: ISO 400

Ken Watkins
01-26-2012, 11:25 PM
VPN,

You have made me very jealous after far to long trying I have yet to get more than a few decent shots of one of my favourite animals.

This looks to have been taken in extremely harsh light, and on my monitor has what appears to be a Magenta cast.

v.p.nurdeen
01-26-2012, 11:38 PM
VPN,

You have made me very jealous after far to long trying I have yet to get more than a few decent shots of one of my favourite animals.

This looks to have been taken in extremely harsh light, and on my monitor has what appears to be a Magenta cast.

Hi Ken,
You are right the light was very harsh but since I got them in the open with a lot of interaction I spent two hours in the blazing sun with them :S3:
VPN

Ken Watkins
01-27-2012, 12:47 AM
Hi Ken,
You are right the light was very harsh but since I got them in the open with a lot of interaction I spent two hours in the blazing sun with them :S3:
VPN

No that sounds like a wonderful sighting to me, observing the behaviour and enjoying the beauty of it all, is just as important as getting a good image, if not more so.:S3:

Marc Mol
01-27-2012, 01:12 AM
A fine sighting for sure VP, with the harsh light quite well handled.
Took the liberty of running a lumo mask @ 66% opacity to reduce some of that harshness and adjusted the slight magenta cast also, interested to hear your thoughts.
TFS

v.p.nurdeen
01-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Hi Marc,
Thank you for the re-post. There is a remarkable improvement from my OP image.
Regards
VPN

Steve Kaluski
01-27-2012, 04:08 AM
Hi VPN, good to hear you had some time you could spend with these guys and obviously not phased with your presence.

Personally I prefer the OP as the colours are slightly softer and more muted. If you have it, my suggestion would be to move the whole crop down, leaving about half the space above between the ears and the edge of the image, allowing more image at the foot. Plus the fur looks a little 'crunchy' in the OP which might be down to the original or with addition of some sharpening, WDYT?

TFS
Steve

TFS
Steve

gail bisson
01-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Except for the harsh light this image is a beauty. I like how you have positioned the fox in the frame,
Gail

Roman Kurywczak
01-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Light already mentioned but glad you got to enjoy them out in the open!

Rachel Hollander
01-27-2012, 03:49 PM
VPN - sounds like a great sighting and looking forward to more images from it. I too like the comp and detail. Harsh light noted but still one I would like to have.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
01-28-2012, 08:12 AM
I really like the pose and POV on this one. Light a tad harsh as mentioned...but well handled. I prefer Marc's repost. I would try and run some selective NR on the BG to smooth it out a bit more.

Harshad Barve
02-22-2012, 09:30 PM
VWD in given conditions
TFS