PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Image of the Week Andrew Aveley for week ending Dec. 2nd, 2011 - Ocean Guardian

Daniel Cadieux
01-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Congratulations Andrew!!!

I captured this image just off the coast near where I live. The South African Navy brings some of the older minesweepers here each year during winter to partake in an annual festival of sorts. I was not fortunate to be aboard while it crossed the notorious sand bars in the KNYSNA HEADS this year so I was looking for a unique POV of the landmark with a iconic visitor. The can only enter on a spring high tide and during daylight hours..........the light was soft and subdued with a slight haze from waves closer in. I shot in camera with custom BW setting and after downloading managed to recreate the setting and add LCE to this. Horizon is more or less straight using the coastline in between the headlands to judge as ocean swell was not so level :)Any comments and advice will be appreciated

Canon 1d MK 3 , ISO 400 , F8 , 1/800th , 24-105F4 L @ 32 mm Hand held from semi rigid inflatable

Harshad Barve
01-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Congratulations Andrew!!!

Brendan Dozier
02-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Congratulations, Andrew!

Morkel Erasmus
02-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Big congrats for this one, Andrew!!! :5