Cheryl Flory
04-09-2008, 09:47 AM
f/8.0
1/1250
ISO 640
500mm
exposure mode: auto
exposure correction 0.0

I have no idea what kind of fish this is, does anyone? The Osprey did consume all of the fish except a bit of the tail. It did take 3 hours though! Yes, I waited all that time. I wanted to get pictures of this parent feeding the young osprey in the nest which was calling to it. But unless the baby got something to eat in the 5 seconds the parent was in the nest, it went hungry. The parent didn't even leave the tail remnants in the nest. That was carried away, back toward the ocean.

I did clone out some of the cell tower and some cropping, mostly on the right side. Other than that, no post processing.

What do you think? Cell tower is ugly, but that's where the nest was.

Cheryl

Gus Cobos
04-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Cheryl,
Like the composition and colors, Detail on bird is fantastic...:D

Nonda Surratt
04-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Very nice catch Cheryl! Super wing position and detail. Sky looks a bit too blue to me maybe?

Julie Kenward
04-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Wow. The detail in that bird (especially under the wings) is fabulous!

Alfred Forns
04-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi Cheryl it is a spotted sea trout !!!!!! Big Time I haven't seen an osprey with one !!!!

Love the wing position Excellent timing !!! Might go a slightly brighter on the bird and increase contrast You got a keeper !!!!!

Cheryl Flory
04-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Nonda, the sky is a bit intense, isn't it. I did not adjust its color at all. That's the way it came. lol.

Al, I knew someone would know what kind of fish it was. And I'm not surprised at all that you knew! :D

Thank you, all, for the comments. I see where the bird could go brighter. I was afraid that adding contrast would lose some of the details in the dark areas of the wings. I will have to try that.

Cheryl