PDA

View Full Version : Giraffe..

v.p.nurdeen
01-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Giraffe- Masai Mara- May 2011
I don't know how far its true but according to the Guide this pregnant Giraffe is licking the skull of a wildebeest to obtain calcium which it needs during pregnancy.

Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: Nikon 200-400 f4
Aperture: f/7.1
Shutters: 1/250
Speed: ISO 400

Ken Watkins
01-25-2012, 12:38 AM
VPN,

Firstly I can assure you that Giraffe and many other animals chew on or lick bones to extract chemicals.

She certainly looks pregnant!

Nicely composed I think that perhaps a little darker may be an improvement.

Hilary Hann
01-25-2012, 01:01 AM
VPN, I like your composition here very much and the horns sitting like they are adds to the overall look very well. I think this IQ looks much better than some of the previous ones, not sure if the crop is less, or what the reason might be. Very nice.

Morkel Erasmus
01-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Lovely behavioural capture here VPN! I like the light too. A little bit of head-turn would have been nice.
Ken's suggestion to tone down brightness sits well with me :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
01-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey VPN, Agree about toning down just a touch but an easy fix and this turned out very nicely!

Marc Mol
01-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice behaviour VP, well captured, agree on toning down the head also. She can't be too far away from delivery.
TFS

Rachel Hollander
01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi VPN, nice behavioral image and I agree with Hilary that the IQ of this looks better and so does the color. Good suggestion by Ken to tweak this to the next level.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
01-27-2012, 02:50 AM
I agree with Hilary that the IQ of this looks better and so does the color.

Seems you have those little issues address nicely now VPN. :w3

Composition is OK and the behavioural aspect interesting and with a clean, yet simple backdrop it isolates the subject well. If you darken the image you will start to lose detail and clog the dark areas such as the eye, tail and darker markings. I would suggest going back to the RAW and recovering the whites around the neck area by the ear in that way.

TFS
Steve

Harshad Barve
02-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Very well done VPN , Liked it lot
TFS