PDA

View Full Version : Pink and Blue Sunset

Judy Howle
01-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Photo made from the dock behind the restaurant building at the lake formed by the Lock and Dam. Mostly just a liberal dose of Topaz Adjust.

Brendan Dozier
01-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Beautiful sunset composition, Judy! You always capture the best skies out there. Love the rich color, great cloud detail and tonal variation to give it drama. I also like the fine texture to the water and the hint of pink light reflected on it. Of course it would nice if you had the same view without the houses, but still very pleasing image.

Steve Adkins
01-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Wow! Very nice, Judy. Love your sunsets!

Dennis Bishop
01-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Beautiful sunset composition, Judy! You always capture the best skies out there. Love the rich color, great cloud detail and tonal variation to give it drama. I also like the fine texture to the water and the hint of pink light reflected on it. Of course it would nice if you had the same view without the houses, but still very pleasing image.

I agree. Absolutely. However, the houses provide some good elements. I like their closely spaced vertical lines contrasting with the horizontals of the rest of the image. I like the addition of the colors inside the first house and the glow from the lights inside the second. I like the way the tapered shape formed by the two houses echoes the shape of the dark blue cloud, above. The eye is lead to the right by the strong diagonal of the cloud formation then back by the curves, below. From there, the vertical of the first house is a stepping stone up to the cloud formation. It'd be interesting to see the image without the houses, but I'm not sure it would be as good.

denise ippolito
01-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Judy, I've missed your sunset images. Beautifully captured sky with a nice shade of pink rolling through it. I like the composition and I may darken the window on the left edge just a little so it doesn't take your eye from that amazing sky! Nice job.

Roman Kurywczak
01-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Hey Judy,
I actually like the addition of the houses! Great colors too! I might want to see a hint more detail in the buildings......but oveall, nicely done!

Mitch Carucci
01-25-2012, 01:54 PM
A really WOW sunset!

Judy Howle
01-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks to everyone for your nice comments! I have taken Denise's advice and darkened the window and Roman's advice and brought out the details via a selection of the buildings and Topaz Detail lowered to 75% opacity and I removed some of the grasses in the lake. FYI: Those aren't houses. The building on the left is the formerly open-to-the-air porch section of a restaurant which is now closed due to the economy and the building on the right is the HDQ of a local company whose owner also owns the marina which is just to the left of the restaurant and adjacent property.

Paul Lagasi
01-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Judy, some of your sunsets are amazing. This one is no exception, the rich colors of the sky..wow. If it were mine, I would probably clone out the house on the left thats cut off. Thats just my idea, I love it, well done

Cheryl Slechta
01-25-2012, 07:56 PM
The repost looks great, Judy. The sky is gorgeous:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
01-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi Judy, another lovely sunset from you. I like the repost with the sticks cloned out of the water and the window darkened. I also like Paul's idea about cloning out the left-most house...might be worth trying just to see how it works...but what I like best are the white clouds just above the treetops. I just love it when clouds like that appear on the horizon. Lovely work! :S3: