PDA

View Full Version : Canon 200-400L, 600II and new camera spotted in the wild-pictures

BenBotha
01-24-2012, 04:53 AM
http://blog.apertureacademy.com/2012/01/canon-200-400mm-and-600mm-prototype.html

Ken Watkins
01-24-2012, 05:24 AM
Ben,

Thanks for this very interesting and for me most exciting, I really hope the 200-400 will be available very soon and that we will be able to buy one relatively easily, I definitely need it before October!

Humberto Ramos
01-24-2012, 05:08 PM
The camera looks more a new version of the 7D.

I´m glad that the new battery grip will have a joystick control...

Geoff Newhouse
01-25-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't think it's a 7D mkII. It's obviously FF from the pentaprism shape, we would expect the new 5D to take the arguably better buttons from the 7D (like the LV and m-Fn and on-off up top). Having the M-Fn is a hint that if this is 5D III (or X) then it will hopefully get a better AF system as that button is useless with the current 5DmkII AF system. The new magnifying button and use of the top wheel to zoom is a huge plus in my book. Don't know what rate button is but will likely be to rate your photos?? so pretty useless. Also 16:9 screen as seen on the EOS Video SLR prototype means it should be video focused as the 5D series is.

Now the only other option is this is the new 3D or whatever that it will be called and could have an APS-H in it!!! Or maybe Canon will merge the 7D and 5D and this will have the 1D-X sensor but only say 8FPS like the current 7D. Who knows, but canonrumors says the NDA ends on Feb7th (rumored date for Nikons D800 announcement). We will wait and see and hopefully for not too long.