PDA

View Full Version : Wheatear

Jonathan Michael Ashton
04-09-2008, 02:29 AM
I took this shot close by to where I live, it has just arrived for the breeding season, I think it is not quite up to full breeding plumage colouration yet.
I would appreciate any comments regards composition and processing. I have tried to make the colours pop a little by using selective colour and increasing the black channel by 5%. It is a cropped image and after resizing the image to 800 pixels I applied smart sharpening Amount 120% Radius 0.3
Canon 20D
Canon 500mm f4 L IS plus 1.4 TC Mk 1
+ 2/3 stop Pattern metering ( I think plus 1/3 may have been better)
ISO 200
1/400 sec @ f5.6

Thanks for looking
Jon

Juan Aragonés
04-09-2008, 04:32 AM
Nice image here. I would suggest to increase the saturation of the BG but is just my taste. I agree with your choice about the sharpening parameters. Love the out of focus BG. Well done and thanks for sharing

Gus Cobos
04-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Very nice composition Jonathan, love the background and the details on Mr. bird. Must agree with Juan in reference to the saturation factor; for my taste, increase just a wee bit...outside of that you are good to go...:D

Jim Poor
04-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Really nice as is. With a basically gray scale bird an increase in the BG saturation might make him pop even more, or it just might overwhelm the subject. I'd have to see it to decide.

Fabs Forns
04-09-2008, 09:32 AM
I like as presented except that I'd like a bit more space at the bottom. Nice bird!

Ian Colley
04-10-2008, 04:43 AM
I also like this as presented the OOF back ground really draws the eye to the bird and compliments the colours of the bird. I like the composition and for the OOF grass just behind the bird adds a little more interest to the image. Well done.