PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Theme: What Else a "Pink Flamingo"

Paul Lagasi
01-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Dug this out of the files, was taken at Disney in Florida..original pasted in to copy (applied the copy with topaz cartoon effect), then I adjusted layer sliders to suit.

What else says pink better, in the bird world. Thanks for looking. Time for work.

p.s. - I just discovered the thank you option :2eyes2:

Steve Adkins
01-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Surreal, Paul! So much to like here. The curves of the feathers, the BG swirly-blur, and of course... the color. Perfect theme pic. :S3:

Anita Bower
01-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Beautiful curves, textures, shapes, composition. The feathers look more orange than pink on my monitor. I find the green bg pulling my eye away from the beauty of the Flamingo, but don't know what the solution would be.

Paul Lagasi
01-24-2012, 01:03 AM
Thanks Anita and Steve...it started out pink, I guess I went a little overboard on the saturation...who ever heard of an "Orange Flamingo" :Whoa!:

John Storjohann
01-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi Paul. Classic flamingo pose...love the wary eye!...if it were mine, to help keep the eye to the flamingo, I'd do a vignette on the corners, darkening them just enough to lead the eye back toward the center...and maybe mask the bird and then darken the green background just a smidge as well...even just darken the swirled green highlights a little to help them blend in without losing the effect of depth and texture. I like overall processing the processing...nicely done.

denise ippolito
01-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Paul, I like this a lot! The colors work nicely for me and the pose is lovely.

Andrew McLachlan
01-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi Paul, great job on this one. The pose is quite nice. I like it as is...nice one! :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
01-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Love the bold colors Paul!!! Nicely done with the BG too!