PDA

View Full Version : Bombay Hook De --In the Snow

Bob Miller
01-22-2012, 07:12 PM
As the sun was setting, the horizon behind me turned that beautiful shade of pink and blue.My wife tells me that astronomically it is called the " Girdle of Venus" I just love that!

Nikon D-300
1/10 sec at f16
18-200 mm at 22 mm
ISO 800

Nick Palmieri
01-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Clean and simple image. Gives a sense of being there. Think you need a few degrees of CW rotation.

Morkel Erasmus
01-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Interesting use of layering here Bob.
Lovely subdued colours, so typical of that time of day. Overall, I can't say this image grabs my attention succinctly, but you did manage to create something out of a scene many photographers would have trouble composing for. :w3

Jerry van Dijk
01-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi Bob, some great colors indeed! I think what is missing in the image is a clear subject to grab the viewers attention. You could have used some of those ice structures to create a more abstract interpretation of the scene.

Hilary Hann
01-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Bob, love the beautiful colours here and I think if mine, I would have concentrated on making more use of the different lines in the image. By that, I would have made sure that I was keeping the horizon dead level, and then all the other strong horizontal lines straight as well instead of shooting at what looks like a slight angle. Perhaps even moving and changing the POV to lower so that the grasses obscured more of the beach and gave even stronger horizontal lines. Doing this would have reduced the need for any point of interest IMO, but I wasn't there, so can't really say what was possible. Love seeing the snow and the beach scene.

Brendan Dozier
01-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Beautiful color, Bob, love the simplicity and quiet of the scene. I like it as is, but understand desire for a subject to grab eye more. I think Hilary makes a good suggestion of trying a variety of lower angles to utilize the lines more in the composition.